Equipment needed:
- Hair clips
- Pintale combe
- Hair brush
- Tongs
- Spray bottle
Step by step:
1) First you need to brush the hair thoroughly and create a side parting
2) Using hair tongs create 3-4 curls going down in a horizontal direction
3) Using hair clips, position the hair so that it cools down. This will create a more effective curl/wave (pictured right)
** In order to create a more effective wave, you could place the hair clips on the bits of hair where the wave is most visible, to create a more permanent effect (pic on the right)
Another way of creating fingerwave hair is to wet it with water first, using a spray bottle. Next using a combe place it on the hair, move it back and then up. Next, you need to place your finger on top of the combe and the wave created and do the same thing until you get to the ear area.
** In case the hair drips, have a towel ready as the hair needs to be VERY wet in order for this method to work.
You can also create an "s" shape using the same method but using the combe in a slightly different way. You need to be a lot more gentle and do it in a smooth way with the front of the combe facing the model's face.
I found this technique a lot easier, compared to the one before. It was easier to control, and a lot quicker also. Therefore when in a rush, I now know that I could achieve a similar effect, by using this technique, for instance when working at a fashion show or a shoot where we do not have enough time to do the hair 'properly'.
_________________________________________________________
Reflection
I have found this lesson very informative and interesting. However, it is very obvious that I still need to practise this technique as I did find it difficult. I very much enjoyed learning this hairstyle because I have seen it everywhere and it would be great if I was able to do it myself, however it is one of the most hard ones to learn. In order to practise this hairstyle I will watch some YouTube videos, as then I will be able to visually see what steps I need to follow and practise that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment